COLAS CZ, a.s. is a major supplier in road construction, production of hot asphalt mixes and natural aggregates in the Czech Republic. The headquarters of the company is aware of its responsibility towards the clients, employees, shareholders and any other subjects of interest. The politics as stated below are creating the framework of the goals and programmes also mentioned in the Czech standards according to the legislation, namely ČSN EN ISO 9001:2016, ČSN EN ISO 14001:2016, ČSN ISO 45001:2018 and ČSN EN ISO 50001:2019, with the aim of increasing the effectivity, extension of activities in the Czech Republic and strengthening the position on the market.
• Management is committed to being in compliance with legislation and requirements of all sides of interest (i.e. stakeholders) as well as to continuous improvement of our processes and activities. Moreover, we are also committed to providing resources to achieve goals, to create a positive and motivating environment in order to improve overall performance and to ensure that information and resources are available to achieve aims and targets.
• The quality of our products and services is subject to meet the standards of clients in comparison with the competition at minimum.
• We are developing a programme to expand our portfolio of products and technologies in road construction, e.g. in the field of foam asphalts. One specific environmental objective is to increase the material recovery of recovered asphalt and/or concrete mixtures.
• The safety of both the employees and the public affected by construction production is our key priority in achieving our economic goals and sustainable development. We also require our suppliers to meet these safety standards. We subscribe to the common goal of the international COLAS SA Group, which is to achieve an accident-free workplace. The process of creating a safe working environment is to be consulted with trade unions and employee representatives. They are also meant to be involved in the decision-making on health and safety matters.
• Reducing negative environmental impacts and improving energy efficiency is taken as an integral part of modern construction for us. We are committed to environmental protection as well as pollution prevention. Every employee must contribute to this. We take energy efficiency into account in production operations and in the purchase of products and services wherever possible and easy to do in practice.
• The employees, their knowledge and skills are the greatest value of our company. Their professional competence is constantly being maintained and improved. Besides the satisfaction of our clients, the satisfaction of our employees means a foundation of competitiveness to our whole company.
• We support co-operation with secondary schools and universities with the goal of hiring rising talents in the industry.
• We develop the integrated management system, according to the international standards mentioned above, as a natural tool of daily management. We consider every single manager at all levels as important links in the process of continuous improvement with the aim of satisfaction of clients and profit.